- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
General Assembly scholarships
State Rep. Kay Hatcher of the 50th District announced that her office has applications available for the Illinois General Assembly Scholarship program.
State law allows each member of the Illinois General Assembly to award scholarships (a tuition waiver) for Illinois state universities. Awards are given to students who have demonstrated scholastic achievement, been active in public and civic affairs and who are in need of scholarship assistance. All applicants must live within the 50th District, which includes parts of Kane, Kendall and LaSalle counties. You can determine if you live in the 50th District by phoning Representative Hatcher’s district office or by using the â€œLegislator Lookupâ€ section of the Illinois General Assembly website, www.ilga .gov.
A total of eight one-year scholarships will be awarded. An independent committee comprised of community members selects the recipients of the 50th District Illinois General Assembly Scholarships. Representative Hatcher has no role in the selection of scholarship recipients.
The application deadline is Tuesday, April 20. For more information or to receive a scholarship application, call (630) 553-3223.