- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Wildlife Center offers spring break kids camp
Elburnâ€”The Fox Valley Wildlife Center will hold a Spring Break Kids Day Camp Tuesday through Friday, March 30 through April 2.
It is an opportunity for children in kindergarten through fifth grade to learn about wildlife.
Each session will utilize age appropriate hands-on animal activities, games, arts and crafts, and a nature walk within the Forest Preserve. The sessions will also include a visit from one of the centerâ€™s live animal ambassadors.
The camp is broken into four sessions: Session One, Tuesday, is Mammals; Session Two, Wednesday, is Waterfowl and Songbirds; Session Three, Thursday, is Birds of Prey; and Session Four, Friday, is Reptiles and Amphibians.
The sessions are held from 9 a.m. to noon each day and take place at the Fox Valley Wildlife Center, located in the Elburn Woods Forest Preserve on Route 38, one mile west of Route 47.
The cost for all four sessions is $50, or $15 for each individual session. Most activities are held outdoors, so dress accordingly. Each student will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the camp. To register or for more information, call (630) 365-3800.