- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Sorensenâ€™s celebrate 70 years
A 70th wedding anniversary open house is planned for Roy and Berdena Sorensen on Saturday, April 17, at the Big Rock Congregational Church, 301 Rhodes St., from 2 to 5 p.m.
The couple was married on Dec. 23, 1939, at Pierce Evangelical Church, north of Hinckley on the brideâ€™s parentsâ€™ 26th wedding anniversary.
The couple has two children, Terry (Sherry) Sorensen of Big Rock, and Lavon (Alan) Nehring of Sycamore; four grandchildren, Kari, Patrice, Duane and Darrell, as well as eight great-grandchildren.
The Sorensens have farmed in the Big Rock area for 40 years and retired in 1980. Berdena retired from AT&T in Montgomery in 1983.
Relatives, friends and neighbors are invited. Please omit gifts, as your presence is all the family asks for.