- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Clarence J. (Jack) Christensen
Clarence J. (Jack) Christensen, 83, of Lake Delton, Wis., died Friday, Jan. 30, 2009, in his home after a long, courageous battle with cancer.
Jack was born March 17, 1925, in DeKalb, the son of Clarence and Sadie (Coddington) Christensen. He was very proud of his tour of active duty with the U.S. Navy in the South Pacific during World War II.
Jack is survived by his wife of 33 years, Doris (Weaver) Christensen; his son, Jeffery Christensen of Elburn; step-children, Thomas (Mary Ann) Powell of Gainsville, Ga., and Peggy Powell (Craig) Frank of St. Charles; grandchildren, Natalie, Megan and Phillip of Maple Park; four step-grandchildren and one great-grandson; brother, James of Morris, Ill., and a sister, Mary Lu Wagley of Animosa, Iowa. He was preceded in death by his parents.
At Jack’s request and honoring his wishes, a private memorial service will be held at a later date at his former home in Illinois with family and friends. Memorials may be given to Home Health United Hospice or the Veterans Administration.
The Picha Funeral Home and Crematory of Lake Delton, Wis., assisted the family with arrangements. For online condolences and information, go to www.pichafuneralhome.com.