- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Crash claims 2 lives
by Susan O’Neill
SUGAR GROVEâ€”Two fatalities resulted from a two-vehicle crash on Route 47 at the south entrance to Waubonsee Community College in Sugar Grove. The crash took place at 1:50 p.m. on Wednesday, when Kane County spokesperson Pat Gengler said it appeared that a Chrysler four-door vehicle, traveling south-bound on Route 47, turned in front of a Blue Allied Waste Services garbage truck traveling northbound on Route 47.
The truck struck the passenger side of the car carrying two individuals, who were declared deceased at the scene. The driver of the truck was transported to Provena-Mercy Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Northbound Route 47 was still closed at 3:30 p.m., and was likely to remain so for several more hours, as the accident reconstruction team was still on-the-scene, Gengler said.
The identities of all individuals involved in the accident were not available as of press time.