- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
EEI wins merit awards
Sugar Groveâ€”Fifty-five Illinois firms were recognized for excellence in engineering before an audience of more than 250 engineers, clients and government officials at an awards luncheon in February at the Crowne Plaza, Springfield.
The firms were recognized for award-winning engineering projects in the American Council of Engineering Companies of Illinois’ 39th Annual Engineering Excellence Awards Competition. The competition recognizes outstanding projects designed by private practice engineering firms from the state of Illinois.
Engineering Enterprises, Inc., in Sugar Grove, won Merit Awards for two projects: “Municipal Drive & Galena Boulevard Extensions,” which was designed for the village of Sugar Grove, and “Emergency Water Supply Needs Assessment,” for the village of Libertyville. Merit Awards are given for projects worthy of recognition of the engineer and the owner/client for achieving engineering excellence.
Engineering Enterprises, Inc., founded in 1974, is a consulting engineering firm that provides planning, design and construction services for water, wastewater, transportation, stormwater and GIS to municipalities, counties and state agencies throughout northern Illinois. For more information, visit www.eeiweb.com.