- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
2 juveniles arrested for bomb threat
Sugar Groveâ€”Two 13-year-old males were taken into custody at the Kaneland Harter Middle School in Sugar Grove on Friday at 11:45 a.m.
An investigation revealed that the boys had made a call of a bomb threat from one of their cell phones shortly after lunch on Wednesday, May 19. The call made to the Hair Cuttery at 495 Route 47 in Sugar Grove resulted in the evacuation of the shopping plaza for two hours while police K-9 units from Kane County and Yorkville searched the plaza.
The Kane County State’s Attorney authorized one felony count for each juvenile, for disorderly conduct. Both juveniles were referred to Juvenile Court Services, where they will have to appear at a future date. After booking, each youth was released into the custody of their parents.