- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Fortier, Snyder wed
Joseph and Barbara Fortier of Rockford, Mich., announce the marriage of their daughter, Jackelyn M. Fortier, to Kevin J. Snyder, son of Kelly and Pamela Snyder of Elburn. The ceremony took place at the Fountain Street Church in Grand Rapids, Mich., with a reception following at the American Legion Hall in Rockford.
The maid of honor was Meg Stewart, a friend of the bride. Bridesmaids were Autumn Poisson and Amanda Poisson, both cousins of the bride, and Jennifer Maxwell, a friend of the bride.
The best men were Eric and Brett Snyder, brothers of the groom. Groomsmen were Rick Fortier, brother of the bride, and Brian Maxwell, a friend. Ushers were Cameron and Chandler Cobb, both cousins of the groom.
The bride is a Rockford High School graduate, and a graduate of Grand Valley State University. The groom is a Petty Officer in the U.S. Coast Guard.