- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Chief wants speedier solution to weed issue
ELBURNâ€”Elburn Police Chief Steve Smith said the village should no longer send repeat notices to property owners who fail to comply with the village weed ordinance.
The Village Board is expected to vote on his recommendation Monday, June 21.
If the board approves it, in the future the village will send one notice to a violator, and if the violation continues, it will issue a citation. Court fines for this violation can be as high as $750.
So far this year, the village has contacted 40 households throughout Elburn about their violations, and 90 percent of those have complied, Smith said. Most of the remaining violations are in Blackberry Creek subdivision, on vacant properties.