- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Northeastern Illinois residents to review draft GO TO 2040 plan
CMAP seeks input on how the region might look in the future
Kane Countyâ€”Kane County residents have an opportunity to provide input on the draft GO TO 2040 comprehensive regional plan for northeastern Illinois.
GO TO 2040 will guide growth in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry and Will counties for the rest of this century. In addition to land use and transportation, GO TO 2040 also addresses the full range of quality-of-life issues, including the natural environment, economic development, housing, and human services such as education, health care, and other social services.
An open house is scheduled for Wednesday, July 21, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Kane County Government Center, 719 S. Batavia Ave., Geneva.
The open house will feature a short plan overview presentation by CMAP staff, followed by a question-and-answer period. Formal public comments will also be accepted. Residents may also review the plan and submit comments on the GO TO 2040 website, www.goto2040.org.