- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Elburn, Maple Park baseball tryout info
Elburn Express Travel Baseball has announced tryouts for the 2011 season.
All tryouts will be held at McNair Field in Elburn
(11U) Saturday, Aug. 14, from 9 to 10:30 a.m.; Sunday, August 15, from noon to 1:30 p.m.
(12U) Saturday Aug. 28, from 2:30 to 4 p.m.; Sunday, Aug. 29, from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
(13U) Saturday, Aug. 28, from 10:30 a.m. to noon; Sunday Aug. 29, from noon to 1:30 p.m.
(14U) Saturday, Aug. 21, from 10 to 11:30 a.m.; Sunday Aug. 28, from 12:30 to 2 p.m.
*** Tryouts are for all athletes residing within the Kaneland School District. For additional information, please go to the Express web site www.elburn.com/baseball/express.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Maple Park Baseball League will hold tryouts for the 13U Boy’s Travel Team. This team will compete in the Kane County Bronco League during the 2011 season. The season runs from mid-April through July.
Fees will be between $300 and $400 per player. Players must be younger than 14 as of April 30, 2011. Tryouts will be held at the Maple Park Baseball Field on Saturday, Aug. 28, from 5:30 to7 p.m.
The goal of the Maple Park Travel program will be to develop fundamental skills while instilling a positive attitude and good sportsmanship in a competitive environment.
For more information, please contact Jeff Violett (815) 827-3664 or Tom O’Shea (815) 827-3810.