- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
SGPD announces travel tryouts for baseball
The Sugar Grove Park District announces tryouts for the 2011 travel baseball program. Three teams will play under the banner of Kaneland Youth Travel Baseball in the 2011 season. The teams will be for players that are 11, 12, or 13 years old as of April 30, 2011.
These teams will play a competitive schedule in the Kane County Bronco League, with league games generally played during the week and tournaments on weekends.
The season runs from mid-April through July. Fees will be between $300-$400 per player depending upon fundraising efforts and the number of tournaments anticipated.
Tryouts for the 12U and 13U teams will be determined by team managers. Please contact the managers as listed below. Tryouts for the 11U team will be held on Field No. 2 at the Sugar Grove Sports Complex, located at the intersection of Dugan and Wheeler Roads according to the following schedule:
â€¢Saturday, Aug. 7, 3 to 5 p.m.
â€¢Saturday, Aug. 14, 9 to 11 a.m.
â€¢Friday, Aug. 27, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
2011 Kaneland Youth Travel Baseball Team Managers:
John Girolamo, (630) 466-0037,
Bryan Williams, (630) 466-1904,
Mark Conard, (630) 466-4531,