- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Mini-stadiums in Geneva
Baseball enthusiast, vintage ball player and historian Bill Rose will display more than 50 miniature baseball stadiums at the Geneva History Center on Sunday, Sept. 12, from noon to 4 p.m.
Rose is a founding member of the Midway Marauders Vintage Base Ball Club, has played three seasons with the Geneva Rovers, and currently plays for the Somonauk Blue Stockings. Rose noted, “I enjoy the history of baseball and the early stadiums shaped the game and the way we played.” Rose will be on hand to answer questions.
In addition, visitors will have the opportunity to visit the Geneva History Center’s sports exhibition, Beyond the Score: Moments in Geneva Sports History. For more information, contact Dave Oberg, Executive Director at (630) 232-4951 or via e-mail at Exec_Dir@genevahistorycen-ter.org.