- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Aurora man struck by train in Elburn
An unidentified male from Aurora was stuck by a train the evening of Sept. 4.
At approximately 11:13 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 4, Elburn police were dispatched after a report that a pedestrian was struck by a train east of South First Street in Elburn.
The victim was reportedly struck by an eastbound Union Pacific freight train that was traveling on the north side of the tracks. The initial point of impact, according to a press release by Elburn police, was approximately half way between the Elburn Metra platform located at 422 East Railroad Ave., and the Metra Maintenance Yard, located at 1000 East Railroad Ave.
The victim, whose identity has not been released until next of kin could be notified, was a 48 year old man from Aurora who had been reported missing to the Aurora police department earlier in the day on Sept. 4.