- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Lady Knight XC sees bright spots with slim lineup at Wauconda Invite
WAUCONDAâ€”Still working to get a full lineup from injuries and illness, the Lady Knights cross country team went north and saw some individual fortunes turn that way, as well.
The Wauconda Invitational had Kaneland field a select group of varsity and JV runners. Team-wise in the F/S race, Lake Forest took the meet with 59 points, followed by Cary-Grove (89) and West Chicago (140).
Sophomore Ashley Castellanos finished fourth overall in the frosh/soph race with a time of 17 minutes, two seconds, beating Lake Forestâ€™s Lisa Bennatan by five seconds.
In ninth place, Abby Dodis finished the course in 17:20.
Anna Piazza took 40th with a time of 18:36. Teammate Morgan Modaff took 107th with a time of 20:13.
Varsity action saw Crystal Lake Central win the meet with 48 points.
The top runner for Kaneland was Shaela Collins at 22:37, good for 102nd place out of 172 runners.
Coming up for KHS girls cross country: hosting the Eddington Invite on Saturday, Sept. 18, at Elburn Woods.