- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
KHS spikes Rochelle, Yorkville
KANELANDâ€”Kaneland rose back up to the .500 mark with a strong victory at Rochelle by a final of 25-14, 25-8 on Sept. 22, and elevated its season tally with a 25-10, 25-18 win against Yorkville on Tuesday.
With the wins over the Lady Hubs and Foxes, the Lady Knights improved to 9-8 with a 3-2 mark in Northern Illinois Big 12 play.
Katy Dudzinski had six kills for KHS, while teammate Jessica Lubic had 11 assists, 14 serving points and three digs.
Grace Fabrizius had three kills, three blocks, four digs and two aces. Kylie Siebert had five digs and six receptions.
Lower-level action had KHS with a 25-14, 25-19 sophomore win. The freshmen “A” squad took a 27-25, 25-17 win, while the “B” roster came away with a 25-20, 17-25, 25-19 win.
Against YHS, Taylor Bradbury had four aces and four digs, to go along with three assists, while Lubic had 11 assists, two blocks and an ace.
This past week also had the Lady Knights given their postseason assignment. KHS will host the October regional and host fellow schools Burlington Central, Hampshire and Sycamore, as part of the Belvidere Sectional and Hampshire Super-Sectional.
The Lady Knights take to the court on Thursday, Sept. 30, going to NIB-12 crossover opponent Dixon.