- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Letter: In support of John Dalton
I’m urging voters in Kane County to vote this fall from the top to the bottom of the ballot.
Races for governor and senator get a lot of attention, but all elections are important. Near the bottom of the ballot is your choice for Kane County Resident Judge. John Dalton is the candidate to select. He has a decade of experience as chairman of the Cook County Circuit Courtâ€™s mandatory arbitration system, and 23 years as a trial attorney.
While I’m proud that John Dalton is running as a Democrat, the “D” is not what makes him a good judge. In fact, it’s almost the opposite. John is a friend of mine, and he’s made it clear that he won’t be a Democrat judge or a Republican judge. He’ll be the best judge he can be for all the people of Kane County.
Because I openly support John Dalton’s candidacy, he will recuse himself as judge from any case that may involve me. And his fundraising committee has not accepted donations from attorneys. As Kane County Resident Judge, John Dalton will only be influenced by legal precedence and transparent fairness based on evidence.
Frank Imhoff, Chairman
Elgin Township Democrats