- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Civic Center improvements planned
MAPLE PARKâ€”The Maple Park Village Board on Oct. 5 awarded the Civic Center chimney repair contract to Bruce Masonry and Tile, not to exceed $9,875.
The chimney work is required before the village can proceed with necessary roof repairs. The village will save bricks from the chimney to reuse or possibly sell to raise funds for the community.
The village will seek bids for the Civic Center parking lot improvements and for the roof project, which it will pay for with a county riverboat grant and funds from the motor fuel tax fund.
Total estimated costs for the projects total more than $83,000.