- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Letter: Vote Green Party in November
I now understand why so many voters are disillusioned with the two major parties.
As a candidate for the 14th Congressional District I have attended a number of candidate forums and endorsement sessions. I have witnessed first-hand the half-truths, innuendos and misleading information that the Republican and Democrat candidates on both the federal and state levels throw back and forth at each other. The negative ads that have inundated our airwaves on television and radio are mild compared to the dialog during these forums.
It is no wonder we have the problems that we do. The Republicans are busy blaming the Democrats. The Democrats are busy blaming the Republicans. They are all so busy blaming each other that they have no time to work toward the solutions to our problems. After awhile, it begins to look like one of those bad reality shows.
If you are tired of all the bickering and want candidates who will represent your best interests by working toward common ground, common-sense solutions to our current woes, then please vote for the Green Party candidates on November’s ballot. It is time to send a message to the entrenched parties that we all deserve better.Â
14th Congressional District