- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Village will repair leaking pump
ELBURNâ€”The village of Elburn will hire Gaskill-Walton to repair a leaking pump at the Williams Ridge Lift Station in Blackberry Creek subdivision, for an amount not to exceed $9,980.
The connection between the pump and the force main has started to lose its water-tight seal, Elburn Public Works Superintendent John Nevenhoven said.
The Elburn Public Works Committee on Monday approved the project, which Nevenhoven recommended.
The project will require removing sewage from the well and isolating the well from incoming sewage.