- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Letter: 2010 Halloween Fest committee says â€˜Thank youâ€™
The annual Halloween Fest, sponsored by Big Rock, Hinckley and Sugar Grove, was a great success.
This year’s event was held on Saturday, Oct. 23, at Plowman’s Park in Big Rock and brought out 2,000 people for our one-night only event. This was our biggest year ever.
The Halloween Fest Committee would like to sincerely thank everyone who assisted with this year’s event.
For 14 years, the Halloween Fest has brought together thousands of residents from surrounding communities, dozens of neighborhood organizations, and countless businesses. The Halloween Fest is run strictly with donations and volunteers. Without the generous support of so many volunteers and businesses, this free family event could not exist.
For a list of all of the organizations and businesses that helped make the event so successful, please visit our website at www.halloween-fest.com. Without these people, organizations, and businesses, our event could not be so successful. Thank you!
On the website, you will also find the history of the Halloween Fest, highlights from this year’s event and information on how you can help for the 2011 Halloween Fest.
Charlene Franks, Montgomery
Halloween Fest Committee