- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Delnor Giving Tree to help collect baby supplies
GENEVA—For the month of November, Delnor’s Giving Tree will partner with Mutual Ground, a not-for profit organization located in Aurora that provides shelter for women and children who are victims of domestic violence. Mutual Ground depends on the generosity of the community for many day-to-day needs.
Women, ages 20 to 34, and adolescent girls are at the highest risk for domestic violence.
To do their part to help, Delnor is collecting baby supplies, including diapers, baby food, baby formula, juice boxes, baby shampoo, diaper rash ointment, pacifiers, bibs, bottles, sippy cup, baby clothes and car seats. For a complete list, please go to delnor.com and look under the “What’s New” section for the Giving Tree.
An actual Giving Tree, located in the Delnor Hospital atrium, allows for employees to easily drop off their contribution. And for community members, making a donation is simple. Just pull in to the entrance of Delnor Hospital and the valet parking staff will take donated items and place them by the Delnor Giving Tree. Valet is available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For more information please contact Lynne Casey at (630) 208-4512.