Jan. 7 police blotter
The following reports were obtained from local police departments. The individuals charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• The St. Charles Police Department on Dec. 19 charged Mario M. Bocanegra, Jr., 29—with a last known address on the 2N600 block of Bieth Road in Elburn—with two counts of attempted homicide (class x felonies) and individual counts of home invasion (class x), unlawful restraint (class 3) and intimidation of a witness (class 3), stemming from an incident on Dec. 17 in which police say Bocanegra entered a woman’s home without permission, told the victim he was going to kill her as he grabbed her hair, and then threw the victim down, causing her to strike her head on the floor.
According to the charges, Bocanegra prevented the victim from escaping from him. The charges also state that Bocanegra communicated a threat of physical harm to the victim to keep her from reporting the incident.
• Matthew L. Orman, 23, of the 1100 block of Collins Drive, Elburn, was charged Dec. 24 at1:04 a.m. with DUI, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and operating an uninsured vehicle when Elburn police responded to an accident where Orman’s Ford Escape had left the roadway on Conley Court in Elburn and crashed into a utility pole. No injuries were reported in the accident.
• Johan Hermansson, of the 1N100 block of Pouley Road, Elburn, was charged Dec. 26 at 11:27 p.m. with DUI, improper lane usage and speeding after Elburn police pulled over his vehicle on Route 47 for traveling 45 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• Aaron P. Sims, 27, of the 1200 block of Corrigan St. was arrested 6 p.m. Jan. 3 on a warrant out of the St. Charles Police Department for larceny/retail theft. Sims was turned over to St. Charles police for processing.
• Elburn police arrested five for consumption of alcohol by a minor after a traffic stop at 2:28 a.m. Jan. 1.
The driver, Timothy P. Megenbier, Jr., 19, of the 1600 block of N. 18th Ave., Melrose Park, Ill., was not charged with consumption of alcohol, after admitting he was the designated driver that evening, and passing all field sobriety tests. Megenbier was issued a citation for speeding 49 mph in a 35 mph zone.
Morgan A. Jazwiee, 18, of the 200 block of Claremont St., Elmhurst, Ill., Alex J. Raffen, 18, of the 400 block of E. Court St., Elmhurst, Brenden G. Bednar, 19, of the 4000 block of Kolze St., Schiller Park, Ill., Shaun M. Layman, 20, of the 500 block of S. Wisconsin St., Villa Park, Ill., and Michael I. Valladares, 20, of the 700 block of Eastland St., Elmhurst, were all charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor. A court date of Feb. 4 was set for the group at the Kane County Judicial Center.
Valladares was also arrested on a warrant out of Boone County for failure to appear in court on a driving on a suspended license charge, and was transported to Kane County jail.
• Group mailboxes were damaged behind the Sugar Grove Community Center sometime Dec. 26. No damage estimate was given, and an investigation is ongoing.