- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
WCC accepting Hall of Fame noms
SUGAR GROVE—Waubonsee Community College is accepting applications for the Chiefs’ Athletic Hall of Fame. Inductees will be honored at the school’s year-ending Athletic Banquet on May 10. Individuals or groups can be nominated for induction until Feb. 1. Nomination forms are available online by going to www.waubonsee.edu/athletics or through Waubonsee’s Athletic Office on the college’s Sugar Grove Campus.
Inductees will then be determined by a selection committee representing Waubonsee’s staff, administration and former Waubonsee student-athletes. Nominated athletes must be five years removed from competing for Waubonsee.
Nominees will fall into one of five categories: administrators, faculty and staff; athletes; coaches; community supporters; and specific teams. Criteria for induction varies based on the category of nominee, but includes involvement in sports, dedication to Waubonsee, athletic successes, years at Waubonsee, and contributions to the community or career accomplishments earned after leaving Waubonsee.
Hall of Fame selections will be announced the week of April 4. For more information, contact the WCC Athletic Dept. at (630) 466-2524.