- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Guest: Thrilled, disappointed with Girl Scout story
I was thrilled when I saw the Elburn Herald article, which featured the sale of Girl Scout cookies. As a Girl Scout leader in the Elburn/Maple Park area, I understand the importance of the organization to girls and young women, and how the sale of cookies help with setting goals, decision making, money management, people skills and business ethics.
I was disappointed that your paper did not feature a local Girl Scout from your readership area of Elburn, Maple Park, Sugar Grove or Kaneville. Currently, there are 30 Girl Scout troops in your readership area. It would have been nice if you had selected a girl from a local troop to feature rather than a girl from Geneva. When I open my local paper, I want to read about my community and the citizens who live here.
Girl Scout leader