Feb. 11 police blotter
The following reports were obtained from local police departments. The individuals charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• Wencelad Gonzalez, 26, of the 5700 block of Kostner Avenue in Chicago, was charged with driving without a valid drivers license and speeding shortly after 3 p.m. on Feb. 5. Sugar Grove police stopped Gonzales after observing him travelling 74 mph in a 55 mph zone on route 56 near Golfview Drive.
• A resident of the 300 block of Hampsted Drive in Sugar Grove reported $412.85 of charges had been made on their debit card between Jan. 27 and Feb. 3.
• A resident of the 0-100 block of McCannon Street in Sugar Grove reported someone accessed her e-mail illegally Feb. 8, indicating that “(The resident) had moved to the United Kingdom and needed money.”
• Ashanti O. Jones, 19, of the 1200 block of Blackhawk Road in DeKalb, was charged with mandatory insurance suspension, driving while her license was suspended and disobeying a stop sign shortly after 8 p.m. on Feb. 6. A court date is scheduled for March 4 at the Kane County Judicial Center in St. Charles.
• Michele L. Hanson, 40, of the 48W000 block of Beith Road in Maple Park, was charged with DUI and improper lane usage after Elburn police stopped her on Route 47 near Route 38 on Feb. 6 at 12:15 a.m.