- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Stroke, osteoporosis screening comes to Elburn
Residents living in and around Elburn can be screened to reduce their risk of having a stroke or bone fracture. The Elburn Lions Club, 500 Filmore St., will host Life Line Screening on Wednesday, March 11.
Appointments will begin at 9 a.m. Four key points every person needs to know:
â€¢ Stroke is the third leading cause of death and a leading cause of permanent disability
â€¢ 80 percent of stroke victims had no apparent warning signs prior to their stroke
â€¢ Preventive ultrasound screenings can help you avoid a stroke
â€¢ Screenings are fast, noninvasive, painless, affordable and convenient
For more information regarding the screenings or to schedule an appointment, call 1-800-697-9721 or visit www.lifelinescreening.com. Pre-registration is required.