- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
District moves to 10-point grading scale
The Kaneland School Board on Monday voted 6-0 to approve a 10-point grading scale that will be administered to grades 6-12 for the 2011-12 school year.
Board Secretary List Wiet was absent from the meeting.
Kaneland currently operates a seven-point grading scale. A document from Erika Schlichter, director of educational services of schools, states the grade-point shift does not represent a lowering of standards in Kaneland, but rather the expectation of a greater level of rigor in curriculum and instructional practices, combined with consistent measurement of students’ mastery, and will result in grades that are more accurate and more informative.