- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
KHS scholastic bowl team wins Big 12 conference championship
KANELAND—KHS won a Northern Illinois Big 12 conference championship for its scholastic bowl team as it travelled to Dixon, Ill., on Saturday to participate in the conference’s inaugural competition.
The Knights defeated DeKalb, 185-85; Yorkville, 240-55; Sycamore, 180-120; and then Morris, 195-35, earning Kaneland an eastern division title and the right to play for the conference championship against Streator. The Knights jumped out to an early lead against the Bulldogs en route to 165-95 victory and the conference crown.
Senior and co-captain Brock Feece joined teammates Alec Krueger and Elliot Witt with 10 correct responses in the morning round, earning the three Knights all-conference honors. Senior co-captain Dylan Draper and Cameron Carlson also contributed significantly on the day. Senior Bethany Swartz and junior Vicky Likeum also contributed.
In addition to all-conference honors, Alec Krueger and Elliot Witt both reached the 100 toss-up mark for the season. This is the first team in Kaneland history to have two players to reach this mark.