- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Cougars to invade St. Louis stronghold in May
GENEVA—The Kane County Cougars will play a regular season Midwest League game against the Quad Cities River Bandits on Thursday, May 26, at Busch Stadium. The game will be played during the evening and additional details will be announced as they become available.
All tickets for the game will be available through the Cardinals by calling the Busch Stadium Box Office at (314) 345-9600, and are $10 general admission tickets.
This marks the third time in the past four seasons that the Cougars will play a regular season game at a Major League ballpark, as the team took part in the first-ever “Road to Wrigley” contest against the Peoria Chiefs in 2008. The two teams played at the Friendly Confines last summer as well.
The May 26 contest will pit affiliates from both of Missouri’s big league clubs, as the Cougars begin the 2011 season as an affiliate of the Kansas City Royals while the River Bandits are partnered with the St. Louis Cardinals. The pre-Memorial Day weekend contest at Busch will conclude a three-game series between both clubs that begins in Davenport, Iowa.