St. Charles Episcopal Church Rummage Sale
ST. CHARLES—St. Charles Episcopal Church, 994 N. Fifth Ave. (Route 25), St. Charles will host its annual Rummage Sale from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 9. Come find treasures among the wide assortment of clothing, sports equipment, household goods, baby items, books, holiday decorations and more.
For more information, call (630) 584-2596 or visit StCharlesEpiscopal.org.
Faith Baptist Church
Easter Egg Hunt April 17
GENEVA—Faith Baptist Church’s Easter Egg Hunt is on Palm Sunday, April 17, at 3 p.m. at the church, 1S455 South Mill Creek Drive, Geneva. The day’s event will include a family craft and story time.
This event is free to children of all ages and will commence rain or shine. Bring a basket and a friend.
For more information, call (630) 845-2535 weekdays between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Lord of Life Church offers
family movie night
LAFOX—Join Lord of Life Church for a “drive-in movie’ on Saturday, April 16. The church will present the Disney movie “Cars.” Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and the movie will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Each child is asked to bring a cardboard box big enough to sit in. The boxes will be turned into cars. Bring decorating materials to share; however, the church cannot allow glue, paint or permanent markers. Bring washable markers, crayons, paper towel tubes, aluminum foil, tape, pieces of cardboard, and other items.
The “car show” is at 6:15 p.m., with winners for first and second place. Popcorn, water, and juice bags will be available for purchase. This is a free event.
Holy Week schedule
set for KUMC
KANEVILLE—The following Holy Week events will take place at Kaneville United Methodist Church, 46W742 Main Street Road:
• April 17—Palm Sunday 8 and 10:30 a.m. service. The Chancel Choir will present the Cantata titled “Forsaken.”
• April 21—Holy Thursday at 7 p.m. “Living Last Supper” and Communion. A “Living Last Supper” is a dramatic presentation of Jesus’ last evening with his disciples.
• April 22—Good Friday will be hosted by Maple Park UMC at 7 p.m.
• April 23—Holy Saturday. Easter Vigil at 10 p.m. in the outdoor garden worship area. An Easter Vigil entails community prayer, scripture, and singing with an anticipatory look toward Easter.
• April 24—Easter Sunday, 8 and 10:30 a.m.