- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
SG approves variance for Scot Industries
Sugar Grove—The Sugar Grove Village Board on Tuesday voted 5-0 to grant variances for the proposed expansion of the Scot Industries’ building, 1961 W. US Highway 30.
The company intends to expand its current location from 140,000 square feet to approximately 230,000 square feet. According to a document from Community Development Director Rich Young and Village Planner Mike Ferencak, the requested variances include waiving of the building wall material requirement, which would allow a metal siding product on the addition to the existing building; and reduction of the interior side building setback from 75 feet to 60 feet along the east property line.
The Planning Commission originally continued the Scot Industries’ agenda item by a vote of 7-0 at its meeting on March 16, before recommending the ordinance for approval at its special meeting on March 30.