- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Village works to fill vacancies
Maple Park—The Maple Park Village Board on Tuesday approved two appointments to fill open seats on the Village’s Planning Commission.
George “Nick” Davidson and Jay Trout were both appointed for terms of three years, through May 1, 2011.
Work also continues to fill two seats on the Village Board that will be open after trustees Nick Moisa and Mark Delaney end their terms on April 30.
The board will be interviewing five candidates, giving them each a 15-minute interview at a closed meeting on April 14. They hope to have both candidates chosen by the May meeting.