Lord of Life Church
offers family movie night
LaFOX—Join Lord of Life Church for a “drive-in movie’ on Saturday, April 16. The church will present the Disney movie “Cars.” Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and the movie will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Each child is asked to bring a cardboard box big enough to sit in. The boxes will be turned into cars. Bring decorating materials to share; however, the church cannot allow glue, paint or permanent markers. Bring washable markers, crayons, paper towel tubes, aluminum foil, tape, pieces of cardboard, and other items.
The “car show” is at 6:15 p.m., with winners for first and second place. Popcorn, water and juice bags will be available for purchase. This is a free event.
Holy Week schedule
set for KUMC
KANEVILLE—The following Holy Week events will take place at Kaneville United Methodist Church, 46W742 Main Street Road:
• April 17—Palm Sunday 8 and 10:30 a.m. service. The Chancel Choir will present the Cantata titled “Forsaken.”
• April 21—Holy Thursday at 7 p.m. “Living Last Supper” and Communion. A “Living Last Supper” is a dramatic presentation of Jesus’ last evening with his disciples.
• April 22—Good Friday will be hosted by Maple Park UMC at 7 p.m.
• April 23—Holy Saturday, Easter Vigil at 10 p.m. in the outdoor garden worship area. An Easter Vigil entails community prayer, scripture and singing with an anticipatory look toward Easter.
• April 24—Easter Sunday, 8 and 10:30 a.m.
Faith Baptist Church
Easter Egg Hunt April 17
GENEVA—Faith Baptist Church’s Easter Egg Hunt will be on Palm Sunday, April 17, at 3 p.m. at the church, 1S455 South Mill Creek Drive, Geneva. The day’s event will include a family craft and story time.
This event is free to children of all ages and will commence rain or shine. Bring a basket and a friend.
For more information, call (630) 845-2535 weekdays between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
St. Gall Church
Holy Week schedule
Elburn—St. Gall church announced the following services to observe the Lord’s Passion and His Rising on Easter Sunday:
On Holy Thursday, April 21, there will be the Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7:30 p.m., followed by adoration.
On Good Friday, April 22, the church will be open from noon to 3 p.m. for personal prayer and private reflection time. Stations of the Cross will be held at 1 p.m., and at 7:30 p.m. there will be a Service in Remembrance of the Lord’s Passion.
On Holy Saturday, April 23, at 11 a.m., there will be Blessing of Easter Food and Children’s Candy Baskets. Mass of the Easter Vigil will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Holy Saturday.
On Easter Sunday, Masses are at 8, 9:30 and 11 a.m. (all in both the church and parish hall).
St. Gall is located at the corner of Shannon Street and Route 47 in downtown Elburn.