- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Village open house to coincide with French Market opening
SUGAR GROVE—The Sugar Grove Village Board on Tuesday voted 5-0 to allow its 2011 Open House to begin the same day as the Sugar Grove French Market this year.
Opening day of the French Market this year is Saturday, June 4, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
According to a document from Village Clerk Cindy Galbreath, the village is a year-round food bank donation site; in past years, the village has encouraged food bank donations to be brought to the open house so that donators could be given coupons to use at the market. The French market manager has been contacted to see if these coupons would be valid at this year’s market.