- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Rounds of applause, toasts of thanks
by Lynn Meredith
ELBURN—The Village Board gave its thanks amid rounds of applause and bottled water toasts to Gordon Diershaw and Patricia Rompke, who turned over their seats on the board at Monday’s meeting, following the reading of the certified election results.
“I’ve had a super eight-year run, and I hope these people will carry on,” Diershaw toasted.
New trustees Dave Gualdoni and Ethan Hastert, along with returning board member Bill Grabarek, were then sworn in to four-year terms on the board and took their seats at the table.
Elburn’s three precincts, of which the village is only a part of each, returned 599 votes cast, or 18.82 percent of the vote.
Gualdoni, a part-time employee of the village, resigned his position.