The following reports were obtained from local police departments. The individuals charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• Francisco M. Herrera of the 10000 block of E. Fisher Road, Rochelle, Ill., was charged with driving without a valid Illinois license when he was stopped for speeding on May 13 at 5:30 a.m. He was taken to Kane County Jail to await bond call.
• Ryan M. Metz, 19, of Stoneridge Lane, Elgin, was charged with DUI, unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor and driving without a rear license plate light on May 14 at 2:50 a.m.
• Matthew J. Gershon, 26, of the 1800 block of Southhampton Court, Geneva, was charged with DUI and exceeding the speed limit when he was stopped for speeding on May 15 at 2:26 a.m.
• Criminal damage to a vehicle was reported on the 1100 block of Swan Drive in Elburn on May 19. The rear windows of a parked car were shattered.
• Criminal damage to property was reported on the 600 block of Holbrook Drive in Elburn on May 19. Someone drove onto the homeowner’s yard. The damage was estimated at less than $300.
• Michael Major, 23, of the 200 block of Walker Street, Elburn, was stopped for speeding at midnight on May 21. He was charged with speeding, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, DUI and operating a vehicle without evidence of valid registration.
• George P. McGoldrick III, 18, of the 700 block of Wind Energy Pass, Batavia, and Alyssa E, Fioresi of the 1000 block of Polk Street, Chicago, were each arrested for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor at 2:23 a.m. on May 22 when the car they were passengers in was stopped for speeding.
• Criminal damage to property was reported on the 400 block of E. Willow, Elburn on May 22. The homeowner’s mailbox had been pushed over and the base splintered. Barbecue sauce had been smeared on the mailbox. Police discovered two other mailboxes in the 500 block of E. Willow also being smeared with barbecue sauce.
• Eric E. Martinez, 19, of the 1000 block of S. Harrison Street, Batavia was stopped for speeding at 1 a.m. on May 28. He was charged with speeding, DUI and unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Richard D. Young, 50, of the 44W500 block of U.S. Route 30, was charged with driving with a suspended license during a traffic stop on May 16 while traveling westbound on Galena Boulevard.
• A resident of the 1000 block of Redbud Lane on May 17 reported to police that someone had cut the phone line and cable line of his residence sometime during the night of May 16. Police also observed that a window well screen near the phone and cable lines had a bend in it and appeared to have been pushed on the frame. Damage to the screen is estimated at $75.
• Police on May 22 arrested Edward P. Tornga, 26, of the first block of Sandra Court in Sandwich, Ill., for driving on a suspended driver’s license, as well as a warrant for his arrest out of Will County for failure to appear in court on a charge of retail theft, following a car crash that occurred on Cross Street in Sugar Grove.
• Sugar Grove Police on May 25 responded to a call of vehicle burglary on the 200 block of Berkshire Lane. The victim told police that someone had broken the front passenger-side window of his vehicle and stole his wife’s Coach purse, which contained identification and credit cards.