- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
WCC hosts renewable energy showcase
Sugar Grove—Waubonsee Community College will host a Renewable Energy Open House on Wednesday, June 15, from 5 to 8 p.m. in Weigel Hall on the college’s Sugar Grove Campus, Route 47 at Waubonsee Drive. The event, which is free and open to the public, is sponsored by the college’s Center for Sustainability and Workforce Development Department.
On display will be the college’s solar panel array and geothermal system components. In addition to providing supplementary electricity and heating/cooling to Weigel Hall, these systems are used to train students for jobs in the green economy.
Cookies and beverages will be provided, but participants are asked to bring their own mugs.
For more information, call Waubonsee’s Center for Sustainability at (630) 466-7900, ext. 2270.