- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Village approve resolution to opt out of Complete Streets project
SUGAR GROVE—The Sugar Grove Village Board on Tuesday voted 6-0 to approve a resolution that would allow the village to opt out of the Complete Streets portion of its Route 47 and Cross Street Intersection Improvement STP project.
According to a document from Director of Public Works Anthony Speciale and Streets and Property Supervisor Geoff Payton, the village is in the early stages of a study regarding the improvement of the intersection at Route 47 and Cross Street. However, part of the project requires that bicycle and pedestrian ways also be established. The document states that the bicycle and pedestrian ways would be met with significant obstacles at the north and south ends of the project, and because of the costly nature involved with overcoming such obstacles, the village has requested a waiver to opt out of the Complete Streets portion.