- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
WCC adds to its student art collection
Photo: “Confusion,” an oil painting by Edward Manning, of Geneva, is one of 17 student-created artworks purchased by Waubonsee Community College for the spring semester. The works are displayed throughout the college’s campuses. Courtesy Photo
SUGAR GROVE—During the spring 2011 semester, Waubonsee Community College purchased 17 pieces of student-created artwork to display around its campuses. Through its Student Art Purchase Program, which started in fall 2006, the college has acquired a total of 108 pieces of original artwork.
Deirdre Battaglia, of Sugar Grove and Esther Espino of Maple Park both created artwork that was chosen by the community college.