- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Maple Park board passes debt service for water system
Maple Park—At a special meeting on Tuesday night, held before the Maple Park Board meeting, board members passed an ordinance concerning debt services for the village’s water system.
The board passed a debt services ordinance iin a 6-0 vote, although the increase will only be implemented if the village’s Illinois Environmental Protection Agency application is approved, Village President Kathy Curtis said.
The new rates rates will be applied to all who use the village’s water system. The debt service charge will be set at $6.55 per month, appropriated from the annual debt service for the water system.
The funds from the debt service charge will be used on present and future projects to improve the village’s water system.