- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Waubonsee wins marketing awards
SUGAR GROVE—Waubonsee Community College recently won six Communicator Awards in the 17th annual Communicator Awards Competition, which is sponsored by the International Academy of the Visual Arts. The college received one Award of Excellence, which is the highest award given, and five Awards of Distinction.
Competing against more than 6,000 entries, the college won an Award of Excellence for its 2011 Report to the Community and Awards of Distinction for the college’s relaunched website, its Learning First student publication, new Aurora Campus temporary building signage, new Plano Campus trade show display, and the Plano Campus Grand Opening special event.
The Communicator Awards is an international awards competition that recognizes outstanding work in the communication field. Entries are judged by industry professionals who look for companies and individuals whose talent exceeds a high standard of excellence and whose work serves as a benchmark for the industry.