- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
SG Police Blotter for July 1
The following reports were obtained from local police departments. The individuals charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• Sugar Grove Police on June 17 responded to a report of a damaged lamp post on the 900 block of Edgewood Drive. The victim told police that a lamp post in their front yard had been struck with an object. The damage is estimated between $75 and $200.
• Sugar Grove Police on June 22 were advised that someone has been burning toilet paper in the outhouse adjacent to the baseball diamond behind John Shields Elementary School. According to a witness, there were three other prior incidents involving rolled-up toilet paper being burned in the outhouse. An investigation is pending.
• Sugar Grove Police on June 26 were dispatched to the 500 block of Brookhaven Circle on a report of residential burglary. The victim told police that a John Deere riding mower, a Lawn Boy power-driven push mower, a tool box containing various industrial tools, and a spare tire (with aluminum rim) for a Jeep Liberty were taken from inside her garage. The victim said she believed the items were taken by an individual who was supposed to come by the residence and take a number of items to the scrap yard. An investigation is pending.
• Sugar Grove Police on June 27 were dispatched to the 200 block of Vale Avenue on a report of residential burglary. Police met with the realtor of a house that is in foreclosure. The realtor told police that someone had removed the copper plumbing from the basement sometime around May 18. Signs of forced entry were indicated along the front door. According to the realtor, the water meter was also missing. An investigation is pending.
• Sugar Grove Police on June 28 were dispatched to the 200 block of Somerset Drive on a report of residential burglary. Police met with the realtor of a house that is currently vacant and in foreclosure. The realtor told police that all of the copper plumbing in the house had been cut from the basement and stolen, and the water meter was also nowhere to be found. The cost to replace the copper plumbing is estimated at $3,000. An investigation is pending.