On behalf of Pride of the Fox, Inc.—and the event committee specifically—we would like to thank everyone who helped make this year’s 29th Annual Pride of the Fox RiverFest such a rousing success. Notable among those responsible were:
• The 72 sponsors and businesses that made a commitment to our community and made this event possible
• The 100-plus dedicated volunteers who donated thousands of hours to ensure RiverFest occurs for everyone. They are truly incredible people
• The city of St. Charles—the aldermen, Mayor Don DeWitte and City Administrator Brian Townsend—for their continuing support of the festival
• Comcast and their marketing team for teaming up with RiverFest—at the carnival, the sand sculpture and “RiverFest Documentary” that will soon be featured on the local section of “On Demand”
• Erik Mahan, commander of traffic and special events, Chief of Police James Lamkin and the entire St Charles Police and Fire Departments for their help, advice and support
• David Wagner, Chief Deputy at Kane County Sheriff’s Department, and the entire Kane County Swat Team, who performed an incredible demonstration at this year’s festival
• The staff of the St. Charles Park District for the continued support
• The public works, zoning, electric cnd Community Restitution departments for the hard work and support of the event
• The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5036 and the Fox Valley Troop support groups for supporting the “Salute our Troops” venue and the Letters to the Troops Booth. We had over 80 letters written to the soldiers overseas by our attendees
• And certainly, the thousands of residents who turned out to experience the festival in St. Charles
Without the support and participation of everyone mentioned above, Pride of the Fox RiverFest would not be the memorable, annual event that it has become.
Thank you again to everyone involved, and mark your calendars for June 8-10, 2012, for our 30th Birthday Bash. We hope to see you there.
Julie Farris, Jon Olson