Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley awards scholarships
KANE COUNTY—The Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley recently awarded 16 scholarships to southwestern Kane County residents for the 2011-12 academic year. The potential value of these scholarships over the next four years is $44,500.
The purpose of the Community Foundation Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to students who are academically qualified to pursue an advanced education in their chosen field of study. Scholarships are established within the Community Foundation by individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations, civic clubs and through bequests.
• Alexander Family Scholarship: Jordan Krawczyk (Maple Park)
• Shirley Borel Journalism Scholarship: Rebecca Herwaldt (Sugar Grove)
• Lorraine B. Bryant Memorial Scholarship: Tara Czepiel (Sugar Grove)
• Howard E. Charles, Jr. Scholarship: Sarah Clarkson, Madeline Shurtleff (Elburn)
• Garfield Farm Museum Historic Administration Scholarship: Allison Kupar (Elburn)
• Kiwanis Club of Aurora, Illinois Waubonsee Community College Graduates Scholarship: Anita Plachczynska (Sugar Grove)
• Irene & Marie Oberweis Nursing Scholarship: Catherine Pauls (Sugar Grove)
• David B. Perry Scholarship: Brock Feece, Caitlyn Young (Elburn)
• Robert G. Schweitzer Scholarship: Todd Clapp, John Kintz (Sugar Grove)
• Margaret Mercer Stewart Scholarship: Jelena Lazic (Sugar Grove)
• Carl E. Swanson & Clara M. Swanson & Family Scholarship: Holly Thomas (Sugar Grove)
• Louis Vago Scholarship: Marin Lehman (Sugar Grove)
Citizens interested in creating scholarship funds to support the continuing education of southwestern Kane County students are invited to contact the Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley by calling (630) 896-7800 or visiting our web site at www.CommunityFoundationFRV.org.