- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Cougars going extra mile with Night of 100 Promotions
GENEVA—The Kane County Cougars welcome all fans of baseball and fun to attend the Veeck Family “Night of 100 Promotions” game this Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at Elfstrom Stadium. Cougars staff will execute a total of 100 promotions taking place before, during and after the game that evening. Special guests of the Cougars organization this Thursday include former Chicago White Sox organist Nancy Faust, baseball executive Roland Hemond and sports promotions visionary Mike Veeck. Fans can get tickets for Thursday’s “Night of 100 Promotions” game by calling (630) 232-8811, visiting kccougars.com or stopping by the Cougars’ ticket office this week.
Fans who can receive a complete list of all 100 promotions upon entering Elfstrom Stadium will be treated to a dizzying array of events that are sure to garner a laugh or two throughout the evening. Cougars grounds crew members have consented to wearing “drag” during their between-innings diamond drag routine. Staff members will be offering free high-fives to fans, and there will be chances to “Hug an Intern” as well. Randomly-selected fans will deliver the lineup card to home plate, ignite the Cougars fireworks, announce “Play Ball” before the game, and serve as guest radio broadcaster and PA announcer for a portion of the evening.
The Cougars will also pay homage to several widely-known ballpark promotions that have taken place over the years and hold particular importance for Chicago baseball fans.
• Ballpark Shower—During the game, fans can cool off by enjoying a ballpark shower similar to the one installed by Bill Veeck in the outfield bleachers at Comiskey Park.
• Record Toss Contest— Randomly-selected fans will compete in a record-tossing contest, paying homage to Disco Demolition Night at Comiskey Park in 1979. Fittingly, the post-game fireworks show will be themed to disco music.
• Ivy Seed Giveaway—To commemorate the installation of the outfield wall ivy at Wrigley Field in the 1930’s, several fans will be awarded an ivy seed that evening.
•Nancy Faust Performance—Long-time White Sox organist Nancy Faust will bring her organ to perform during the game, including “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” during the seventh inning stretch. Don’t be surprised to hear Faust play her famous rendition of “Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye” if an opposing pitcher from the Peoria Chiefs is chased out of the game.
In addition to the fun sights and sounds inside the park that evening, fans can win and save big as well. Fans will have a chance to win two complimentary season tickets for the 2012 Cougars season. All fans who spend $20 or more in the souvenir shop will receive 20% off, and one lucky group will be upgraded to an upper deck suite for the evening. The KidZone attractions will also be free to fans from 5:30-6:30 p.m.