- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Letter: A thank you to those who helped with Meredith Road fire
On a behalf of the Maple Park and Countryside Fire Protection District, I would like to thank everyone who helped with the fire at 4N859 Meredith Road on Aug. 1.
We not only had two structures that day that were burning, but also an estimated 8,000 bales of hay. Without the help of all our neighboring departments, which we can always count on, we could not have handled the task that was long before us that day. With the temperatures reaching into the 90s that day, along with the humidity and the 11 hours on scene, it took all that were there to get the job done.
We would also like to thank the many private or community businesses that helped that day by supplying everyone with food, drinking water, cooling bus and fuel.
Following is a list of what it took that day to accomplish our task:
• 23 fire departments, of which nine tankers hauled over 200,000 gallons of water
• 125 fire and EMS personnel
• Kane County Red Cross—food and water
• Casey’s Gas Station—food and water
• Elburn McDonald’s—food
• Elliot & Wood Excavating—backhoe
• Frank and Adam Kozkowski—skid steer
• DeKalb County Trans-Vac—cooling bus
• Hintzsche Oil—fuel
• Kaneland School District—water supply
On a personal note, I cannot begin to thank everyone for how hard and well they worked together that day—from the chiefs who made my job easier, to those that helped in rehab; and, of course, the firefighters. Thank you.
Maple Park and Countryside
Fire Protection District