- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Knights golf on a tear
Photo: Troy Krueger is heavily contributing to the early dual success of Kaneland golf. File Photo
KANELAND—With their sixth dual win in a row, Kaneland High School golf is making opponents feel as if they’ve been clubbed.
With a convincing 172-199 win over the visiting Hinckley-Big Rock Royals squad out at Hughes Creek in Elburn on Sept. 7, and a 154-157 loss to Sycamore on Tuesday, the Knights see their mark go to 6-2.
KHS has now won 15 of its last 19 regular season dual matchups, dating back to the beginning of 2010.
Exceptional scores were shot by medalists Sean Glennon and Connor Williams with 42 each.
Zach Douglas shot a 43, followed by Mitch Gemini’s 45.
In the JV skirmish, the Knights took a 197-226 meeting with H-BR. Jacob Sheehan shot a 46.
On Saturday, the golfers traveled to Batavia for the Bulldogs’ invite, and finished 16th out of 30 teams, with a total of 322, one better than Joliet Catholic. Lyons Township took the meet with a 302. Matt Yonkovich shot a 78, while Williams shot an 80.
Against the Spartans were led by Yonkovich’s 38.
Ensuing action sees Kaneland at Morris on Tuesday, Sept. 21.