- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Girls XC sees high end work at Wauconda
WAUCONDA—If this is what a team effort looks like, the opponents in the way of Kaneland girls cross country best beware.
With a second-place finish out of 25 rosters, the Lady Knights enjoyed its highest team finish in the race to the north since 1991.
The score of 103 was second behind top school Crystal Lake Central’s 64.
Glenbard East had 130 points for third and Cary-Grove had 168 points which rounded out the top four.
The overall winner was Glenbard East’s Lindsey Rakosnik in 17 minutes, 40.1 seconds.
The top KHS finisher was junior Abby Dodis, who ran a personal best in 10th at 19:21.2.
Following closely was freshman Victoria Clinton, who placed 11th in her first varsity race at 19:25.66.
Junior Maggie Brundige accomplished a personal best with a time of 19:49.7, good for 17th place.
Aislinn Ludwig, touted as someone continuing to improve with each race, took 30th at 20:22.1.
The next hill to climb is the annual Eddington Invite on Saturday, Sept. 17.