- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
KHS goes to Thursday stalemate on pitch, solves Rochelle
KANELAND—Looking to get off of a losing track, the Knights soccer unit did just that on Thursday against Morris, but would like to go a little further in future matches.
Thanks to a Jordan Escobedo goal, the Knights were able to hold off a Redskins scoring attack enroute to a 1-1 tie.
The Knights are now 4-3-1 with an 0-1-1 record in Northern Illinois Big XII conference play.
Escobedo’s goal was fed by Tyler Siebert’s assist with seven minutes, four seconds to go in the first half.
The Knights beat Rochelle on Tuesday, 5-1, with five goals from five players.
Kaneland faces Yorkville on Thursday, Sept. 22.